VeniceTalks Click for Venice, Florida Forecast
September 23, 2017, 06:18:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arts of Asia Exhibit at the Venice Art Center  (Read 3017 times)
Brian

« on: July 18, 2009, 01:21:13 AM »

I noticed that the Venice Art Center is having an Arts of Asia exhibit June 26 - August 14, 2009.  Has anyone been to it?  I'm from out of town and willing to drive.  I'm just curious if anyone has been there and how it was.

http://www.veniceartcenter.com/public/department28.cfm
VeniceTalks
« on: July 18, 2009, 01:21:13 AM »

BeachBill
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 09:29:35 AM »

My wife was involved in that exhibit at the art center.  She shot the photos and created that YouTube video.  She also designed the exhibit poster and promotional banner.

The exhibit itself is very interesting with Asia themed art in various media - oil, pastels, photos, mixed media, and pottery.

Very nice exhibit.

The Venice Art Center is a must see if you are visiting Venice, Fl

Bill
Brian

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 01:46:32 PM »

That's a pretty good coincidence.  I guess if you're active enough in the community to put together a forum like this, it makes sense that you're involved with other aspects.

I'll definitely have to check it out when I come down.

Just outside of St. Louis, in old town St. Charles, we have a very nice arts center, The Foundry Art Centre  http://www.foundryartcentre.org/  If you ever make it here, check it out.  It is highly recommended.  We have over 20 artists with their studios there.  It also has gallery space for shows.  It is excellent facility.

Brian
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: